Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a kenmore model 110.28932791, serial CJ2008257 that

sounded like it had a...
i have a kenmore model 110.28932791, serial CJ2008257 that sounded like it had a bad bearing and then died, no power when i put it on spin, checked circuit breaker and outlet and there is power.
where can I start to troubleshoot?
12/9/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon, so when you start this at the beginning of a cycle no water comes in ? no sound at all ?

Not correct. Water does come out. Filling it now to minimum to see what happens. Filling tub with water as fast as possible.

okay. let me know what it does once its full and starts to agitate. if you hear the motor running but its not agitating you may have a bad drive coupling which is not a big deal to fix.

it starts but the agitator move very little and the motor sounds like it is running with a bearing problem(it makes a clicking, kind of a racheting, sound). Is there a belt that might be a problem or a problem with the shaft that the agitator fits over(if that's how it is put together)?
The water will not drain from the tub when i position the selector just past the wash cycle where it would be when it drains the wash cycle.

when the motor is running it makes a racheting sound and the agitator does not move much. It will not drain when the selector is moved to just past the wash cycle where it would be when the wash water is drained.

sorry we are having some site issues. its the motor coupling Motor Coupling 285753A Main Product Viewyou need to order and replace it. heres a link to the part and theres a video also that shows you how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967?modelNumber=110.28932791

The only issue i have with the video is that the removal and replacement of the skins don't cover my model due to the presence of bleach release feature and fabric softener release feature.

There are three hoses that connect to a hose connection block at the top left rear of the cabinet and are difficult to store upon re-assembly. Still trying to get cabinet reassembled.

oh okay. were you able to get it back together ? I had to work on the road today and wasn't on line sorry.

Yeah, I had to let my brain get it together to get it reassembled right. It wasn't that hard, i was just tired i think. getting the cabinet on the tabs and hook up in front was the key, then re-fitting the hoses and getting the hose junction back into the cabinet made it all obvious. Thanks!

Oh good you got it ! whew, they can be a pain sorry. i didn't realize yours had the dispenser hoses (didn't dawn on me) usually the video includes that. sorry. so it all up and running I gather, thats great. hope I helped , please rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping, thanks and very best wishes for a happy holiday season ! Bryan

No worries!

great just let me know if you have trouble rating me, the site has had some issue's lately, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician