Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

upright freezer model EVL181nxtq00 just started making a loud

upright freezer model EVL181nxtq00...
upright freezer model EVL181nxtq00 just started making a loud buzzing noize. is there a reset button on the freezer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning.is the buzzing comming from the compressor in the back or inside the freezer ?

Yes, that is where the buzzing is coming from.
okay, the issue is the compressor start relay. this is plugged onto the side of the compressor. this is what starts the compressor, Now this is going to get warm so you need to find a place for your food before it gets too bad.you need to order and replace the relay to fix the issue, heres a link where you can order one. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-relay-4356738-ap2992825.html I wish it was something simple you could do right now but this needs to be replaced. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Thank you. thought it might be a reset button or something that I could go to but have called a local tech that I know and he has the part in his truck and is on his way to fix the freezer. thank you for your help.

Bob

thats great ! I wish is was that easy to just push a button. have a great day and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician