Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Miele Dishwasher model G892 SCU Plus wont run. Red light

Miele Dishwasher model G892 SCU...
Miele Dishwasher model G892 SCU Plus won't run. Red light next to "Intake/Drain" on control panel is flashing.

Please what do I need to do to make the machine run?

Thank you,

12/4/2012
DTech80
DTech80, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 3rd generation tech/owner. 12+ years of in home appliance repair service experience, over 15,000 repairs completed. Regular contributor of articles on appliance service to Marcone World Magazine.

DTech80 :

Hello, I'm David. I'll be helping you solve your problem. From the Miele service manual for your dishwasher:

Service Mode 2 is used to determine which upper electronic is in the appliance, to change programmed functions and to access fault codes. Programmed functions include increasing the water temperature, turning on or off the water softener, adding an interim rinse, and setting the dishwasher width (24”). Service Mode 2 is divided into 3 stages.

DTech80 :

Stage Stage function Illuminated light
Stage 1 Fault codes Rinse

DTech80 :

Stage 1
1. To access Stage 1 of Service Mode 2, close the door and turn the dishwasher on. The Start/Stop light must be blinking. If the Start/Stop light is not blinking, press and hold the Start/Stop button for at least 3 seconds to exit the cycle. The Start/Stop light should now be blinking.
2. Press and hold the Start/Stop button while turning the dishwasher on. Release the Start/Stop button and immediately press it 2 more times. Flashing Intake/Drain and Salt lights and a lit Rinse light indicate successful accessing of
Stage 1 of Service Mode 2.
3. Use the fault code chart (Table 3-5) to determine the stored fault code.
Example: A lit Normal Plus light and a lit Rinse light = NTC or NTC connections short-circuited.
4. To delete stored fault codes, access the Programming Mode and press Start/Stop twice.

DTech80 :

Fault code Program light/status Rinse light/status Fault

DTech80 :

F00 Pots & Pans Lit Lit No error

DTech80 :

F01 Sani Wash Lit Lit NTC or NTC connections open-circuited

DTech80 :

F02 Normal Plus Lit Lit NTC or NTC connections short-circuited
F03 Normal Lit Lit Electronic failure, selector switch position not found
F04 Economy Lit Lit Heating failure - heating circuit opened or defective electrical c component in heating circuit
F05 Rinse & Hold Lit Lit Water drainage failure, heater level switch
F06 Pots & Pans Lit Flashing Too few pulses at flow meter / start of water intake
F07 Sani Wash Lit Flashing Too few pulses at flow meter / end of water intake

DTech80 :

F08 Normal Plus Lit Flashing Water intake failure, heater level switch
F09 Normal Lit Flashing Heater level switch not switching on at the end of thermal stops

DTech80 :

I hope that's all coherent. The above is the first process you need to do, this will tell you which, if any, fault codes are present. Do the diagnostic procedure and come back here with the fault code for further diagnosis.

DTech80
DTech80, Home Appliance Technician
Hello John, how did the diagnosis of your dishwasher go? Were you able to determine which fault code, if any, was present?
DTech80
DTech80
DTech80, Home Appliance Technician