Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a PF message. Power is back on. I lost my decoder ring.

How do I unlock my...
I have a PF message. Power is back on. I lost my decoder ring. How do I unlock my good friend?
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number ?

No. It's older unit. It is digital. Clock, timer, self cleaning. No cancel off button. With the top burners turned on every light functions with what is turned on but nothing functions. This stove has always worked perfectly. It is a reliable friend.
okay I understand. its very difficult to help you however without a model number, does this have a bottom drawer ? if so try looking in there.
For what? It has a drawer for storage.. ... ... I got a flashlight and inspected. Underside of oven is sealed. Could not see anything. Felt around the frame of the opening for the secret button-nothing.
I really need a model number to be able to look up the parts and see what the issue may be. usually when you open the door theres a tag right there facing out on one of the sides, (not the side of the range) on the side as you open the drawer.
Bryan you are the man. I'm signing you're Xmas card right now! Model number 911-(this is weird)(NNN) NNN-NNNNserial number 47226126
okay great ! give me a few minutes to look this up.
You go boy!
is this what your control panel looks like ? with a clock in the middle correct ?
Yes, except there is clock button and timer on the left side of the digital display, the timer is on top.
so the clock face looks like this? I'm just trying to make sure, this is an older oven so need to be sure.
Yah! That's my baby. I have 1 question. I bought it used. How old is it?
my guess is 10 years.okay, your probably going to cancel my Christmas card ! Frown well maybe anyway.on this model if the oven wont come on the control has failed. Oven Control Board WB27K5127 Main Product Viewthis is one piece. the knob is off to the right side. anyway the control will need to be replaced and since you bought this used unless you had a power surge and the electric company will pay for this your not going to like the price. and the availability is sketchy also. heres a link. http://appliances.pricegrabber.com/small-kitchen-parts-accessories/m/912573476/ you would need to contact them and see if they have it in stock for sure. most places say unavailable. I wish I had better news. sorry.
Bryan, thanh you. You are a good man, and there so few of us left! It's not good news but thank you for all you're effort and being pactient with me. Again, thank you my friend!
your very welcome. if you do want to fix this and the part turns up unavailable heres one more option if you wish. this link will take you to a place that rebuilds clocks if you want to check them out. http://www.appliancetimers.com/index.php?page=db_timer_page&Timer_id=6479&Manufacturer=General-Electric-GE&Appliance=Range-Stove-Oven&Model=WB27K5127 thanks and have a great holiday season . Bryan
Thank god I have an electric skillet. My best holiday wishes to you and you're family.
you too my friend, I wish i had better news for you sorry.please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you.well wishes for a happy holiday season , thanks again,Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician