Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi; I own a frigidaire refrigerator; gallery series; the ice

Hi; I own a frigidaire refrigerator; gallery series; the ice maker is not longer working; any advice on how I can repair it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you please? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX XXXXX

OK perfect, thank you. Chances are you will need a new icemaker because the icemaker itself is known to fail quite a bit on this model, but lets not jump to any conclusions yet. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok; so the freezer temp is -3oF; so assuming no issues there.

where do I actually pour the water; there is a plastic tube leading into a box where it looks like the ice cube shapes are made; do I just pour the water into the box?

You can pour it into the area where the ice cubes are actually made. No need to pour it into that small fill cup.