Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hey there! I have an Electrolux Icon model #E 42BS75EPS built

Hey there! I have an Electrolux Icon model #E 42BS75EPS built in. I have been having a water leakage problem out of the bottom of the freezer door. Water appears to be leaking out of the bottom of the door on to the little metal piece that connects the door to the frig. The water then spills out onto the wood floors. Any ideas? I have had 2 repairmen look at it to no avail. Thanks!!!
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The problem here is a blocked defrost drain, Open the freezer door then remove the shelfs, Next remove the lower panel in the rear, behind the panel you will see the evaporator (looks like the radiator on a car) below this you will see the defrost drain pan, this will have ice in it, thaw the ice with a hair dryer then mop the water up. You will then see the defrost drain pipe, Pour some hot water into the pan and let it sit for a while then mop the water up. Repeat this step several times until you see the water drain away. Once the water drains you will be all set and can put the unit back together :)

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry...had to step out for a moment. Ok this sounds great...I think I can handle it. One of the repair guys that I hired didn't know how to fix it but did say that if we had a lot of power outages the water from the ice maker would drain out or some such thing. Could something like that have caused the problem...I guess I'm asking how to stop this from happening again?

No sounds to me like he really didn't have much experience with repairing appliances, You would know if the ice maker was leaking because you likely would have water all over the upper part of the freezer.

Any water leaking out the door is 99 percent of the time going to be a blocked defrost drain and the guys you hired should have known it.

Thanks!