Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I have a GE double door refrigerator (model # : GSS25SGMDBS)

I have a GE double door refrigerator (model # : GSS25SGMDBS) and the water unit will not dispense water. In the past, water froze in the line. How do I get it to flow again?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you. Does the icemaker work okay? In the past what did you do to get it to flow again also?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I called for service, but I forget how they managed to get the water flowing again, that is why I contacted you. The ice maker works fine.
Okay, there is one of two ways you can do this and then there is something you can do to fix it for good. The freezing in the door is very common with GE so they came up with a heater to install so the water line won't freeze. First to defrost the line turn the fridge off for about an hour. This will still keep everything cold but allow time to defrost the line. That is the best way. Now the heater you can get and install yourself and costs about $50. The part number is ***** and you can get it at any reputable appliance part store. Comes with very easy to follow instruction too. Here is also a link to a place you can order the heater. Just copy and paste this link to your browser. Thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/WR49X10173/1381601