Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an error code 41 on m range when I tried to clean it.

The door is locked and...
I have an error code 41 on m range when I tried to clean it. The door is locked and won't release. The oven is cool (never actually was on long enough to heat up). I also tried shutting off the breaker to get it to release but no lock.
Is there a way to get the lock to release
11/20/2012
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Can you supply me the complete model number off the range? Should be located inside the door frame or oven cavity in front. Thank you

Customer:

I can't open the dorr to get the model number. thats the problem

Appliance Parts :

Ok , no problem. Let me pull some manuals up on the error code.

Customer:

thanks,

Customer:

Need to see if there is a wa to manually release the door lock..

Appliance Parts :

The meaning of the error code is listed below along with the corrective actions needed.

Error Code:F41
Cause:Upper (or single) oven motorized latch will not lock; defective or jammed upper (or single) oven door or latch switches; Defective latch motor or its wiring.
Corrective Action:

1.Check P24 connector on the power board.
2.Ensure door latch switches are operating properly.
3.Check that neither latch switch nor common wires are
pinched to the appliance chassis.
4.Check that the solder joints in header P24 on the power board are not broken.
5.Check P10 connector and check if latch motor wire is
pinched to the appliance chassis.

Appliance Parts :

Coat hangers usually work, but it can be tricky. There is no other way other than wedging it.

Appliance Parts :

Make a small half loop on the coat hanger and pull to right from left

Customer:

from the top of the door

Appliance Parts :

If you are unable to get it open, you would have to dissemble from the top to gain access

Appliance Parts :

Yes from the top of the door

Customer:

thanks. I'll try coat hanger

Appliance Parts :

Alright, if you get it open, get the model number and i will look up the correct parts you will need to repair.
Thank you

Customer:

thanks...I'll probably have a technician come to fix it. Just thought there might be an easy way to get the door to release..

Appliance Parts :

unfortunately it is a kind of nightmare, they should of designed it better.

Appliance Parts :

Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.

Appliance Parts :

Did you have any additional questions or concerns?

Customer:

No you've been great I appreciate your quick response. I'll let you know if i have any other questions

Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech