Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a brand-new Frigidaire dishwasher, model #FFBD2406NS0A.

Customer Question
It sporadically won't drain. Generally...
I have a brand-new Frigidaire dishwasher, model #FFBD2406NS0A. It sporadically won't drain. Generally if I run another cycle immediately after the one that doesn't drain, it drains fine. I have checked; there isn't a kink in the discharge hose nor are there food particles in the drain. Anything else to check?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2012
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The problem in testing this unit is that it's sporadic. If the unit is brand new, I'd call warranty and just have them repair the unit because it will be covered under warranty for the first year.

But that being said, you won't have a blockage or clog if it's sporadically draining. That means you either have a drain pump that isn't always working properly, or the control board isn't sending power to the drain pump like it should. The only way to know for certain which is causing the issue is to test power at the drain pump when it's failing and not draining. If you get 120 volts and it's not draining, replace the drain pump. If you're not getting 120 volts, then order and replace the control board.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Thanks. I'll run it again and test it the next time it fails. And call for warranty service.

no problem and I wish you only the best. I'm sorry it's not easier to isolate the problem, but that's the way sporadic problems generally go.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc