Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Electrolux electric touch range The door seal appears in good

Electrolux electric touch range The door seal appears in good condition however when I wipped it off black soot like stuff came off I had to wipe it (gently) a few times..I'm still getting abit off on the cloth should this be a problem- should it be safe touse oven

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?is this a gas range ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No electric Model # XXXXX Electrolux

okay, have you self cleaned this recently ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A MONTH AGO . I HAVEN'T USED OVEN IN AWHILE MY HUSBAND HAS SO I WASN'T AWARE OF HOW LONG THIS WAS THERE.

i REALLY CAN'T AFFORD 30.00 PER MONTH BUT i'M WILLING TO PAY A FLAT ONE TIME $30.00 FEE FOR YOUR INFO IS THIS DO- ABLE

well when you self clean these the oven temp goes beyond 700 degrees and literally burns up everything in the oven that is one the inside, (such as grease and oils that are on the ceiling ,walls,and bottom) this soot can get on the seal as the oven expands and contracts during self clean. i suspect that the case on yours, since this isn't a gas range its not soot from the burner or running to rich. thats about the only thing I can think of that could cause your issue. be careful not to use any cleaners on the seal for this will destroy the seal. I hope this helps, thanks , Bryan