How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How install lower door seal part #4172127 on Kitchenaid dishwasher

This answer was rated:

How install lower door seal part #4172127 on Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDR24SE without dissembling dishwasher door. Should replacement part snap into place?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is the bottom seal correct ? goes along the bottom of the door ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. It's the strip that fits on the bottom of the inside door panel, not the seal the goes all around the front of the dishwasher body.

okay yes that does just snap in place. you should see the groove that you slide onto the bottom of the door just line up the groove and press it up into place.if you have real trouble doing it the inner door liner comes up separate from the whole door.the door stays on and the inner part can be lifted up by removing the screws around the inside of the door. its best if you can just snap it on though. hope that helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That sounds like what I've been trying. There is a J shaped slot that seems to be the correct piece of the part that fits onto the lower door. But when I fit the groove above it onto the door, I am unable to rotate the part so that the slot fits onto the door.

okay you may have to try lifting the inner pane so you have enough room.take the screws out around the door and lift the panel up. have someone hold the outer part down because its lighter with the inner skin off and tends to spring up
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The screws have six-sided holes, not phillps head or slot. Is that an allen wrench style or some special Kitchenaid only screw?

they are called torx screws and you can get a cheap set at lowes for about $10.00.
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oh, well. I didn't get the answers I was hoping to get, but I'll give you a decent rating anyway!