Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My self-cleaning double oven model series RBS277/RBS307 has

locked like it does when...
My self-cleaning double oven model series RBS277/RBS307 has locked like it does when self-cleaning and won't unlock. Any suggestions?
11/12/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

so this is locked and in self clean? when you turn the power back on it actually starts self clean again and you can see the elements heating up red ?

Yes, the element is getting red hot. The display pad is blank and none of the keys are responsive.
okay this means the control has failed.the part is available @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/4448875/0022/664?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=4448875 the hardest part however is getting the door unlocked so you can remove the control panel. the only way to do this is shut the power off and make a hook out of a coat hanger and fish it down between the door and pull the latch hook over. Door Lock(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View this is difficult and if you can get the door unlocked you will need a tech to open this. pull the latch to the left. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician