Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE QUIETCLEAN1 MODEL MBD421RFR2 SERIAL TH71271621

I HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE QUIETCLEAN1 MODEL MBD421RFR2 SERIAL TH71271621 . WHEN IT GOES THROUGH A CYCLE THE ARMS DONT TURN AND THROW WATER .
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....Does the unit fill with water .? Is there waster in the bottom once you open the door..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES

Ok great..Once the water fills the wash cycle should begin..You should hear a motor running at that point..Are you able to hear the motor running..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ALL I HEAR IS A HUMMING SOUND.

Does the washer drain water out..? Sorry about all the questions ..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES

Ok great..This means either the pump is faulty..Or you have something stuck in the pump..In First make sure that the holes in the spray arm are not blocked..The model number you gave does not come up in the database.Are you able to recheck the number..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MODEL MDB421RFR2

Good model number..This is a older unit in which the wash pump and the drain pump are the same ..The pump runs one way for the wash cycle It reverses for the drain cycle..More than likely you will need to replace the pump #65.

graphic
Sorry about that the pump number is #56..If it were my washer with its age would replace before repairing..Like i said first check the small holes in the spray arm..Make sure they are not blocked..Thanks Bob