Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

IS TERE A RESET ON EMERSON IM90T PORTABLE ICEMAKER BECAUSE

IS TERE A RESET ON EMERSON IM90T PORTABLE ICEMAKER BECAUSE POWER WENT OUT CAME BACK ON NOW POWER LIGHT WILL KEEP BLINKING AND NOTHING HAPPENS

Francis :

Hello, I am sorry but there is no reset button on the ice maker. If the power light is blinking, it means it is off. Have you tried pressing the power on and off button to turn the unit back on? If the electronics has not been fried by the power surge, then the power light should remain steady and the ice maker should start running again.

Francis :

May I ask also if the unit is plugged to a grounded outlet? meaning three prong outlet with the proper grounding? I asked because the unit is very sensitive to power surges that is why it is specifically instructed to plug the unit to a grounded three prong outlet.

Francis :

If still it would not work, then I would say the electronic board could have been damaged by the power as it comes back. It could had voltage surges that could fry electronic circuits.

Francis :

Let me know what happen so we can continue working with your unit.

Customer:

nothing is happening n was was pluped into ground outlet

Francis :

Francis :

Ok. So it was plugged to a grounded outlet. That is fine. If you are mechanically inclined, please unplug the unit. remove the screws at the back and at the bottom to remove the cabinet, then unplug all wires connected to the main electronic board at the top of the unit. This might reset the voltages on the capacitors on the board and might got it working. I do that and sometime it work and sometimes not.

Francis :

If still it would not work, then you need to replace the main electronic board of the unit. The one at the back.