Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A MAGIC CHEF CAMPER STOVE/RANGE/OVEN MODEL NO. BT22RS-4TZ.

I CAN LIGHT THE PILOT BUT THE BURNER DOESN'T FIRE WHEN I TURN ON THE BURNER TO ITS HIGHEST SETTING. THERE IS NO SMELL OF GAS.
WHICH PART IS MOST LIKELY TO BE FAULTY?
THE THERMOSTAT CONTROL ON THE UPPER PORTION OF THE RANGE?
THE SAFETY VALVE ASSEMBLY & THERMOCOUPLE?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. if the pilot is lit but the burner doesn't light it the gas safety valve thats failed, this is available but its highly recommended you have this replaced by a tech, its a gas part. heres a link to the part but if you do this yourself make sure you test every connection for leaks, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part -number/Magic-chef-Parts/All-Products-Parts/7501P056-60/0022/464/Model-BT22RS4TZ/1429/0124600?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=X2904154&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0124600&searchModelNumber=BT22RS4TZ&subCompDesc=Top%20&%20gas%20controls&brandDesc=MAGIC CHEF&modelDesc=MAGIC-CHEF-RV-COOKING&blt=11&shdMod=BT22RS-4TZ

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was hoping it would be the cheaper part. This unit run $200 and the Thermostat is only about $125.

It's worth $30 to know for sure and I can give it some thought. The range top works fine and I use an electric toaster/pizza oven which is sufficient at this point.

Thanks Bryan for the help.

your very welcome. yeah the Valve is $125.00 when you turn the oven temp up does the pilot flame get bigger ? thats whats supposed to happen and that heats the thermal couple and then tells the valve to open.