Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I NOTICED A PIN HEAD SIZE HOLE IN THE UPPER CORNER OF THE INSIDE

I NOTICED A PIN HEAD SIZE HOLE IN THE UPPER CORNER OF THE INSIDE OF MY MICROWAVE. THIS IS WHERE THE WALLS AND "CEILING" ALL MEET. DOES THIS POSE ANY DANGER OF LEAKAGE?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

it this a burn hole ?is it in the front or back?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it does not look like a burn hole and it is in the back right hand upper corner, but i have not noticed it before. i did boil over some coffe grounds that splattered inside. when i was cleaning that up i noticed the small hole.

well that small a hole in the back wont emit microwaves if its only the size of a pin hole but you should keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get bigger. if it does the microwaves are concentrating on that one spot and that could get to be an issue. it may start burning through which would mean the microwave deflector (Waveguide Cover ) is damaged. if this model has this it would look similar to this one. Waveguide Cover PCOVPB085MRP0   Main Product View if its a tiny pinhole don't worry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ONE QUESTION: THERE ARE VENT HOLES IN THE "CEILING " OF THE MICROWAVE. I AM TOLD THESE ARE INCASED BY THE HOUSING OF THE MICROWAVE AND THEREFORE DO NOT EMIT ANY MICROWAVES. IS THE BACK TOP CORNER WHERE THE HOLE IS LOCATED INCASED BY THIS SAME HOUSING???

well the whole microwave is in cased in the cabinet of the microwave but the part you talking about is where the microwaves come through from the magnetron which has an additional casing .