How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Parts Your Own Question
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 267
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Parts is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE stove model no. 790.95411102. With the circuit

This answer was rated:

I have a GE stove model no. 790.95411102. With the circuit breaker on, the oven comes on by itself, continues to heat with the elements red hot, and then the F1 error code starts flashing. The only way to stop it is to turn of the circuit breaker. Is this a repair that a do-it-yourself can do? I've been working on my own cars since 1973, including trouble shooting the electrical in the cars.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance servicer since 1992.
Let me pull the manual on it, be right back.

The unit has a control relay stuck on the bake or broil. You would need to change the control board by removing the rear top panel from the back.
Match the wires up with a new board, it will be the same. Pull one wire off at a time.
You will need to order the control and a new overlay:
Part#NNN-NN-NNNN(control board)

Do a Google search on the best price!

Here is a good break down of the area to replace:

Number 20 and 20a.

This will take care of the problem
Thank you
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How to close 100% will this correct my problem?


100% correct will solve your issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is an appliance parts house I deal with near my house. They do not have the overlay and neither do a lot online dealers. The person at my store said that if the overlay was not damaged, I could use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the glue and attach to the new control board. How feasible is that little trick? I've done similar on restoring my cars.

I always recommend replacing the overlay for bubbles and not making good contact when replacing the control. But yes you can try the heat gun, but can't say for certain you would be successful in doing it, they almost always stick to it and not re stick. I would just put it in your budget you may have to , if not give it a try. Why not? Good luck to you
Appliance Parts and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you