Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Hi, When I turned on my cooking range, flames started to appear

Hi, When I turned on my cooking range, flames started to appear all around the rectangular black box that holds the actual stove. where is the leak. I right away turned on that stove, but am continuing to use the stove within the other rectangular box.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Can you get the model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

looks like : with two burners on each side, within a box

SearsItem# XXXXXXXXXXX | Model# JGD8130ADS

What was that item number again? Put the letter A in front of the number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I really could not find it, but I searched Sears for jenn air cook top with two burners and found this Model# XXXXX

I see Chas has opted out I will try to assist you .

when you are saying black box are you talking about the burner modules!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes , the module on the right is exactly what I have. and I saw blue flames emerge all around through the slit around this rectangular module. I do not know if there was leak in the switch of that stove, or leak within the stove itself. And I do not know what needs replacement.

XXXXXXXXXXX 1Grill and Two Burners" width="40" height="40"/>

You have a leak somewhere in the gas manifold .From the computer I will not be able to tell you where the leak is .

This is like asking me to find a four leaf clover in your yard over the computer.

This is a SAFETY issue I suggest you call an autorized servicer to come out and they can actually be able to use a gas detection meter to find where the gas is coming from .

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line