Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a magic chef microwave. the model number on the micro

is mco160ub. made in korea...
i have a magic chef microwave. the model number on the micro is mco160ub. made in korea. the search shows no micro with that number.
the micro keeps blowing the internal fuse.
is this normal? can you give me an idea why this happens? i am using buss 15amp fuses for microwaves.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2012
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you. Is the fuse blowing when the microwave oven is started? Or does it just blow the fuse when the oven is not started?

when the door slams shut i am told. but today it shut off after she was done using it.

This sounds like an issue in one of the door monitor switches. There are three switches that activate when the door is closed. These switches ensure that the door is closed before the microwave turns on.IF one of them is faulty, it can blow the fuse as a precaution so that the microwave does not come on. I would check these switches for proper operation. They are listed in the following diagram as position numbersF9, F10, and F11. If one of those switches is defective, do not order it from this site, they are too expensive. YOu can take it out and bring it ti a Radio Shack and get the same switch for a fraction of the cost. It is just a run of the mill micro switch.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Magic-chef-Parts/Microwave-Parts/Model-MCO160UB/1429/0123370/50034623/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician

no diagram

How about now?
Jason
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician