Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Sears Dryer Model C1108580290 Ser ICE1105032. Working until

this morning. Drying still happens...
Sears Dryer Model C1108580290 Ser ICE1105032. Working until this morning. Drying still happens, drum does not revolve.

Unplugged, took back off. A small hand hole bottom right. White wheel with "L" shaped metal with loop at far end was on the bottom. Looked as though there was a broken rubber/plastic band out of reach.

How do I get into the working parts in order to retrieve band, replace wheel and fit new drive band? Thank you in advance.
10/20/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay, the belt is most likely what broke . click this link to see a video on how to replace it. you need to go in through the front not back, heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Belt/661570/2925 just click on that blue link and the see help videos. this will take care of your issue.thanks Bryan

Hi, the video does not show the model I have. My front door is metal and square(ish). There are not two panels that unscrew separately on the front. There is an instrument block on the top rear of the machine. There are no screws visible anywhere on the front or underneath (I tilted it up to see.

The top of the machine does not appear to come off the way shown in the video. I can remove the control block (I think) and see if there are screws underneath.

Sorry to be a pain. The model is C11 08580290 ser ICE1105032 Type DR-5

thats okay sorry. some machines are different in how they come apart. where is your lint screen ? is it inside the door or on top ?

Lint screen is on top, in a small port to the rear right

okay great . take the lint screen out and the are two screw, remove them. don't drop them down the hole be careful. then in the front of the machine between the front panel and the top there are clips you need to push in while lifting the whole top. they are about 3-5 inches in from each side. lift the top and hinge it back against the wall. disconnect the door switch and then there are screws down on the inside on each side you take out to remove the front . try that.

We are cooking with gas!! Top off, front off, drum out. Belt was broken.

I see small metal wheel attached to motor and marks around drum indicating where the band was. Now for the pesky loose wheel.

It is white, approx 1.5 inches in diameter. A metal "Y" goes to either side. The tail of the Y is approx 3 inches then does a near 90 angle then turns back under itself. At the very end there are small protrusions that fit into slots in the base of the machine. There is a screw hole in the bottom of the Y but not in the bottom of the machine. Presumably this wheel is a tensioner and is fitted with the wheel towards the side of the machine. Is there anything that holds this piece in, or is it the tension of the belt that does this? How do I get the belt around this white wheel without taking the wheel assembly apart?

this ?Idler Assembly 691366 Main Product Viewit loops through. heres a video. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Idler-Assembly/691366/3346?modelNumber=110.67832794#repairHelpVideoTabs hope that helps, (and by the way this video shows you how to get the front off ! sorry)
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Thank you very much. Really excellent to be taught this sort of thing.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician