Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Duet washer has an error code of F12. How do I…

My Whirlpool Duet washer has...
My Whirlpool Duet washer has an error code of F12. How do I fix it?
10/14/2012
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

I dont see a F12 associated with this washer, could the error be F21?
It was f12. The only light that will come on is the door locked light.
Can you get the door open? if so can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door.

If you cant get the door open take the panel out from under the door.

graphic

Shut the power off then reach up inside the machine to the door lock and pull the manual release tab, the door should pop open, the model number will be on a sticker around the door.

OK. I will have to unlock the door manually.
Ok thanks.
WFW9450WR00 There is a load jeans in the washer and there is still some water in there.
Ok I think what is going on here is Long drain, Behind the panel you took out you will see the pump. Shut the power off and grab some towels to mop up the water that will come out. Next slowly unscrew the drain filter from the pump mopping the water up, Once the water has stop running out pull the drain filter right out.

graphic

Clean the drain filter out (debris/coins) and also put your finger inside the pump to see if anything is inside the pump. Once all is clear screw the drain filter back in and then run the machine on a rinse and spin cycle, If the machine completes the cycle you are all set :)

If the error returns then the pump is bad and will need to be replaced.

Click here to order the pump if needed or bookmark for later use.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Is there a trick to unscrewing the cap?
Use a pair of pliers or channel locks if it is stuck
I am going to have to wait for my boyfriend to get home. Ican't unscrew the cap. If I rate you now does that close this question or should I wait until we can get the cap off?
You can come back at any time after rating me for additional assistance if needed :)

Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi Tracy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,