Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Monogram dual oven electric oven with touch screen panel (ZEK755WP1WG). I get

the F1 beeping after about...
I have a GE Monogram dual oven electric oven with touch screen panel (ZEK755WP1WG). I get the F1 beeping after about 30 seconds of CLEAR button. It keeps going off every time. I finally had to shut off the circuit breaker.
What is wrong?
10/8/2012
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

Repairman1981 :

I'll be helping with your issue tonight.

Repairman1981 :

Good news bad news, the F1 on a ge oven is a ERC (electronic relay control) issue ... the bad news is GE has discontined your particular part. The good news, is that you can pull it and have it rebuilt. www.fixyourboard.com can rebuild this for you very reasonably. If you need any help with the removal of your board or anything lemme know. Thanks!

Customer:

Hmm.... I did get that answer on 2 other websites also, that I may have to change my circuit board, or rebuild it. I am not an expert, so dont know how to do it.

Repairman1981 :

You can't do the rebuild yourself, the software chips have to be replaced .... you can send it to fixyourboard.com (or several other sites) and they can rebuild and return. As for you removing it, a couple screws at the bottom of the control panel and a couple at the top allows you to access the board

Repairman1981 :

once you access it just label where the wires go and remove them, then 4 screws hold the board to the touchpad. Remove it send to them and reinstall. Nothing too major. That or replace the oven. It's a bit old, probably should be replaced, but you can save some pretty good money by repairing it.

Customer:

How much does the circuit board repair cost approximately?

Repairman1981 :

it varies depending on what they find wrong with the board, but my experience with them has been in the 140-250 range for most board.

Customer:

back at square 1..

Repairman1981 :

?

Customer:

your information has been useful.. but problem is not solved.

Repairman1981 :

well, it is, just gotta decide if you wanna replace the oven or rebuild the control. The boards are long discontinued, noone I could find had any stock, so the chances of just ordering a part is slim to none. You might search and research Ebay until you find one, but people dont usually wanna do without an oven very long.

Customer:

LOL.. well, our oven works when we need it, then have to shut off the breakers. Repairman came and took our old ovens board, wanted $250 to repair the board and another $299 to install. I found a used oven, costs $175, plus $100 to install. Not it has the F1 problem.

Repairman1981 :

the F1 will come about on any of them, and the tech that is coming out is getting yours rebuilt, you can do this yourself. He doesnt have one ... the boards were almost 400 when discontinued. He is either an idiot or jujst getting yours rebuilt

Customer:

So, am outta luck on this .. will contact the fixyourboard guys and see what can be done.

Hope I can contact you again on this issue.

Repairman1981 :

you sure can, just return to this chat and I can help further if the need arises.

Customer:

what other board repair companies are out there?

Repairman1981 :

Its pretty straightforward....when you get in there it isnt a hard repair at all

Customer:

yes, looking forward to it. your info was very usefull. i will give you excellent service marks.

Repairman1981 :

thanks!

Customer:

how do i get in touch with you?

Repairman1981
Repairman1981
Repairman1981