Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Front load washing machine. Does not start. No spin light comes

on only with a sound...
Front load washing machine. Does not start. No spin light comes on only with a sound like the water pump running
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number so i can better assist you ?

Model LTF7000ES0

is the door locking and the door lock light on ?

The door locks however the door lock light is not lit. The only light lit is the no spin light.

okay so the light isn't comming on. the door lock assembly has failed, even though its locking its not sending a signal to the control that it is locked. this is a common failure on these machines. you need to order and replace it, heres a link where you can order it and theres a video there to show you how. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=LTF7000ES0 best wishes and thanks, Bryan

is there a way to use the machine until I receive the part?

I'm afraid not, there are contacts inside the switch that send the signal to the board, they are bad and you cant fix that or bypass this type of switch unfortunately. sorry.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Installed Part and machine worked for a couple days. Now today the same problem is occuring again. What would be your further suggestion?

is this banging around at all when it spins ? thats really strange that it would run a couple of days then die again.

Just a little hummm within the cabinet lust as before.

well the only other thing that would cause this would be the control board but that doesn't make sense since replacing the switch made it run. maybe out of alignment ?

No other thing to offer? Like maybe a defective part. What is the symptoms of being out of alignment and the corrective action?

the control would be the issue. thats all thats left on that and would cause that kind of issue, heres a link to that. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/137007000/0026/417?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=137007000 hope this helps, thanks. Bryan

I changed out to another door lock and still have the same problem....I then changed the water temperature from the bottom cold option to the cold-cold option at the auto temp and the machine started operating properly. Its half way thru the wash cycle and still running. What would cause this?

okay great , that means the fill valve is the issue. this has a thermistor on it and its not sensing the water temp change.

Suscessfully completed a load of laundry and now going for a second load. Do you have a part number for this fill valve that you mentioned?

yes sorry I had to step out. Manufacturer Number 134371220, heres a link to order it if you wish. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/134371220/1154728?modelNumber=LTF7000ES0 thanks and best wishes, Bryan

did not finish complete cycle with 1 min left. showed an 18H code then a E10 code. Had to move to different temp settings. Hard to start the second time..

* 1 Beep/E10--Error: Water doesn't enter Cause: Water supply

problem, Check kinks and faucets, thats basically the error code for the valve. did you replace the valve ?

or this is the other meaning.

1 Beep/E10--Error: Water leaks Cause: Water connections

loose,household drain clog,over sudsing.

just relaced the water valve. still nothing, no spin light comes on and no other lights. does not operate. door lock, water valve still nothing. any othet ideas???

okay, I really cant be sure but there must be a motor control board issue, I will need to see if I can find a test program for this in the morning.

so.....do i need to replace the control board or the motor control?

yes its seems the motor control board is bad, I cant find a diagnostic procedure for this one however. if you are going to replace that order it at this link. they have a full money back guaranty even if you install it and it doesn't solve the issue. so you can always send it back. no questions asked. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Control-Board/134743500/1191307?modelNumber=LTF7000ES0

replaced..............door lock, water valve, main control and STILL does operate.......begins to fill with water for two seconds then stops and nothing.

Oh wow, this machine is a nightmare. i hate to see you keep putting money into this. the only thing left is the pressure switch.

try pulling the rubber hose off it and blowing back into the tub to see if it clear.

when the start button is pressed water comes in for approx 2 seconds and stops but the drum does not turn. this will happen each and every time start is pushed. rotated the drum by hand without issue. set program for spin only. the water in the drum will drain out the hose ans stop but drum did not spin.

I wish I knew what the issue was, we seem to have gone over every possibility, did you try the pressure valve hose like I said ? can yo blow through it?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician