Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

LG 5-burner 2-oven stove, purchased from Sears June 2012. Used

Customer Question
in cafe, needed daily. Oven doesn't...
LG 5-burner 2-oven stove, purchased from Sears June 2012. Used in cafe, needed daily.
Oven doesn't work now. F-3 error code is on. This is second time this happened.
Manual says we should
- replace key pcb assembly
- or replace control pcb assembly
First time, 3 weeks ago, we called a technician, he pushed some keys, said it was simple and left. It worked OK for a few weeks, not not again. Called Sears phone line today, they said just turn circuit breaker off and on again. We did, nothing changed.
Should we get one of the assemblies replaced? Which? Both?
Other?
Thanks.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2012
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F3 means that your oven thinks that the oven has overheated. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes if it's already cool and see if the error will go away. If not then you have a problem. This can be caused by either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc