Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a Kenmore Gas Stove with self cleaning features. I

Customer Question

I bought a Kenmore Gas Stove with self cleaning features. I have followed the instructions but the auto door lock will not engage. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What do you mean "door locked alarm activates" exactly?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The "door locked" light illuminates and it beeps about every 4 to 6 seconds. I check the door and it does not automatically lock.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
OK so when the door locked light illuminates, the unit should be trying to lock. If it's not, then either the door lock assembly has failed or the latch is jammed. Try to wiggle the latch and see if you can unjam it when it's trying to lock. If that doesn't work, that door lock motor that moves the latch will need to be ordered and replaced. If you're handy, you can usually replace this part yourself and depending on the exact model number, the cost is usually about $50-90 for the part.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.