Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag side by side msd2756ae which only dispenses

crushed ice. I took...
I have a maytag side by side msd2756ae which only dispenses crushed ice. I took the ice bucket out and put tape on the door switch. when i activated the crush tube switch the drive motor turns. when i activate the cube switch the solenoid is heard to activate but does not move up or down. It is free and not stuck.
10/1/2012
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you can see that the solenoid isn't moving up when you chose cubed ice, remove the back panel to see the solenoid and make sure piston with the plastic catch didn't fall out of the solenoid. If everything checks good, you need to order and replace the ice solenoid and below is a link to the part you'll need to order and rpelace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

To get at the back panel does just the screws come out of the back. The drive motor has a wing attached to the shaft. Does this come off first?

You don't need to remove the drive motor, it's all attached to the back panel. So once you remove the ice bucket and remove the screws holding the back panel onto the fridge frame, the entire pack panel with solenoid and driver motor will pull forward and out. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator first before working on it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc