Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

fridge freezer rl33sb fridge not working..freezer over active...well

fridge freezer rl33sb fridge not...
fridge freezer rl33sb fridge not working..freezer over active...
well thawed out now.. any ideas please ;-))TY
10/1/2012
John, Home Appliance Technician

Hi I,m John I will help you with the fridge problem.

You said it was all thawed out now , were the freezer coils all frosted up ?

no idea if coil were frozen..unfortunately I turned all off so all possible

ice would have been melted..was water in tray though...

sorry!! no idea if coils were frozen..turned all off for too long before

deciding to do something...was some water in plastic tub

,

If you found water in the tray you had some frost built up on the coils which could have been caused by having open containers in the fridge section.

I would start it up again to see if the frost reoccurs.

have started it up numerous times..same problem...fridge not working

freezer frosting up...

(no open containers in fridge)this is about all I am certain of..

I would start by replacing this defrost thermostat its the most common part to fail in frost free fridges, hers a video on how to replace the defrost thermostat.

if you require more assistance let me know please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-h541_14ZE

John, Home Appliance Technician
John, Home Appliance Technician