Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Note: I logged in a few minutes ago and you failed to accept

Note: I logged in a few minutes ago and you failed to accept either of my two credit cards and I know both are active. Makes me think this web site is not legitimate! I want an answer back now and confirmation that you are legitimate and I will be receiving information from tech re my Whirlpool refrigerator water line that freezes to water spiket on door. Ice line does not freeze.

Louis Sims(NNN) [email protected]

This site is real I have been an expert for almost 5 years and I m on hre almost every day answering questions

I see that you have made a Deposit of $30.00 So it appears to have taken your info .

Everything looks good on my end .

May I have the units model number to better assist you ?
If you open the freshfood door it will be on the unitsinner right wall .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I sent all of this info with the credit cards that were refused.

Whirlpool 2 door refrigerator with ice and water units in door.

Model ED2SHAXMT00, SN:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Water line to water spiket freezes but water line to ice maker does not freeze. I have turned off refrigerator and when it thaws, water comes out spiket until it has time to freeze again.

is the line in the door freezing or elsewhere ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do not know where it is freezing and do not know how to determine that. That may be where I need help in how do I determine where it is freezing?

Thanks

Lou Sims

(NNN) NNN-NNNN

ok Lou we can only communicate thru this web site , That is Just Answer policy .

On the bottom of unit behind the kick plate going to the bottom of the freezer door is a water line with a conector on it ,disconnect the connector .

with a towel ( to catch the water ) press the water lever (with the freezer door closed ) and tell me if you get water or not ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I disconnected line and no water came out either way. Then I pushed the water dispenser on door and water came out of the line coming in from the back of refrigerator.

ok so the resivoir in the freshfood section is not frozen .it is in the door itself .

Does the freezer door have direct sunlight shining on it anytime during the day ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No sunlight on door at all.

ok how old is the unit ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Probably 5-10 years. Does the SN tell you that? (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Note: It has done this since the unit was almost new. Water s;iket may have worked for 6 months after new refrigerator received.

No

ok so here comes the Bad news !

What has happened is the foam insulation inside the door has started to breakdown .

And has allowed the water line to freeze .

YOu only have to ways to take care of the issue .

One is cheap but it will happen again .

The second is the actual factory repair ,but expensive .

The first one is to turn the unit OFF with the freezer door open to defrost the line and allow the insulation to warm up , and then it could work for a day or 6 months.

The Second is to replace the entire freezer door .

It comes with all the dispenser parts , gasket .the only thing that is swapped from old to new is the door handle and the inner door shelf brackets .

Now I hope you are setting down ! here is a link to the part with PRICE

I wrote so much I did not have room for the link

click here

I know this is pricey , but this link is the cheapest on line .

sear shows it for 704.49