Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag model LAT8234AAE Serial #a0209358KY will fill but

My Maytag model LAT8234AAE Serial #a0209358KY will fill but stops and will not agitate. If I turn the dial to the finished/off position it will spin and drain. If I lift the lid during this time it will stop. Can you help me with this isssue?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, if this does the same thing in all cycles, (delicate , normal, ) then the issue is the timer itself. it has a bad contact. the timer would need to be ordered and replaced to solve this issue. here is a link where you can order the timer. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/22001255/454049?modelNumber=LAT8234AAE well wishes and thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That makes sense to me. Thanx

no problem, these timers fail when one of the contacts inside burns up. common issue, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What would be next if replacing the timer fails to soulve the issue?

if this goes completely silent when its done filling its usually the timer. this does stop filling when it gets up to the top correct ? by itself ? the only other thing that even remotely has anything to do with the agitate would be the water level control, usually if this stops filling by itself though it is good.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes it stops filling at the correct level. I've been able to fill and empty several times at differant load levels. and if i recall about 2 years ago i replaced the level control.

okay, then I would go ahead and replace the timer. theres really nothing else that causes your issue. thanks and best wishes, Bryan