Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 15yr old GE profile double wall oven that is working

I have a 15yr old GE profile double wall oven that is working well. However, the lighting on the control panel is getting very dim and hard to see. What is the best way to fix this? Is there a battery or fuse that I need to replace? Can I just replace the oven control? or Do I need to replace the whole control panel. (Thanks to the Appliance Guru, I found a website with replacement parts)
Thanks in advance,
Moira

Make: GE profile
Model: JKP56WOW1WW
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Okay the issue you have is the led display is failing. this is part of the oven control unfortunately and the control itself will need to be replaced. the replacement clock/control is however wired differently and can be difficult to replace. its Manufacturer Number WB27T10282, these do come with instructions but they are difficult to understand. unfortunately there are no fuses or battery to replace (I wish it were that easy) At any rate the part is around $295.00 so you will know when you call for replacement.Its best to have this replaced by a tech. hope this helps though, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!

your very welcome , Have a great weekend ! thanks , Bryan