Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Coldspot Model Number 106.58146801. The unit

I have a Kenmore Coldspot...
I have a Kenmore Coldspot Model Number 106.58146801. The unit will deliver water, but it does not make ice.If you keep the freezer unit open about ten minutes at time, you will see the plastic divider rotate a deliver a row of ice, and no more....what should i check..do?
9/10/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon . So your saying the ice maker cycles (ejector turns) but its not putting water in ?

It's putting water in, but the ice is not coming out until I hold the door open for a while...about 20 minutes, for five cubes of ice...
okay thats strange , so if you leave the door shut it wont eject the ice ? and when you open the door do you have to hole the light button in for this to eject ?
If I keep the door closed, it will not make ice, and It seems like time elapses when I open the door, and if I leave it open long enough trying to see what the problem is, it will make ice once...within the past 72 hours, it hasn't made any ice at all....
okay whats going on is the mold heater isn't comming on to release the ice from the ice maker mold. the most common reason for that is the ice maker mold Thermostat, this sends the power to the heater. when you keep the door open the ice tends to melt enough to release. thats the only explanation for your issue, you need to replace it. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Icemaker-Mold-Thermostat/627985/2942?modelNumber=106.58146801 you need to remove the ice maker and take it apart to install it. hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Another thing....there is a red light flashing in the freezer at the ice maker control.....does that confiryour previous statement about my problem....?
okay to test that red light there is a flap across from it with a hole in it. without covering the hole press the flap in and tell me if the light stays on solid.
No it still links.....
No it still blinks.....
I'm so sorry my computer locked up, I'm up and running again. okay so this keeps blinking ? it means the emitter receiver is bad its also call the ice level control board. whats strange though is it shouldn't dump ice with this being bad but it could still be the issue, this is supposed to stay solid red when you push the flap in.
SO......Do I go to Sears to get this part? Or do I go to an appliance website to get this part......
you can order it on line @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/4389102/0046/106?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=4389102 which is Sears or possibly they can order it for you and you can pick it up at Sears I'm not sure,you can call and find out. the part # XXXXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN i don't believe though they will have it in stock at the sears store. hope this helps, sorry for the delay I think i pick up a virus in my computer. thanks , Bryan
NO PROBLEM.....Your information is great! Will call tomorrow and let you know if that solves the problem....
okay great, I just got finished scanning my computer so I think I'm all set ! LOL thanks, Bryan
REPLACED THE PART....and after two hours, making ICE!!Thank you for getting it right.....The first time!!I am now a fan of this site!!!
your so very welcome Smile great to hear its working again, please don't forget to rate me with the smiley faces below. 3 or above it good. I wont get paid unless you rate me 3 or above. thanks and have a great night, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician