Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE-spacesaver microwave over. It is showing -F3- on

I have a GE-spacesaver microwave over. It is showing -F3- on the display. I can not clear or do anything with any of the controls, even unplugging the microwave over and plugging it back in will not help. What does the -F3- mean?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

F3--Shorted key panel(touch pad), will occur if a shorted key panel is detected continuously over 60 seconds.

do you have the full model number so i can look up the part for you ?

let me know, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model # XXXXX 005 SERIAL # XXXXX 4S

okay great. this should be you key pad before ordering this however try this. take a hair dryer and put it on warm. runs it back and forth accross the key pad and message them with you fingers. sometimes this will unstick the key thats bad. hopefully that works becaus the key pad is $98.00 . if that doesnt work you can order it at the follwing link. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/ge-switch---membrane-item-number-ap2026162.aspx thanks, Bryan