Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whirlpool WED7500VW dryer ; starts up, heats up drum turns

Whirlpool WED7500VW dryer ; starts up, heats up drum turns and blower working but after a few minutes drum stops turning. Tried unplugging to reset but it did not work . Any help?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Will this start right away as soon as it stops or do you have to wait a few minutes before it will ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dryer runs fine for about 5 minutes and then drum stops turning but everything else still seems to function properly

does the dryer shut off completely ? no noise ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No - just the drum stops turning. no weird noises. fan motor still runs and heats.

When we turn the power completely off it resets, runs fine for 5 minutes and repeats the problem of only the drum stopping

okay got yeah. unfortunately in this dryer it has a reversable motor. the motor runs one way then stops and is suppose to go the other way. if this is under a year old call and see if its covered under the warranty because the motor has failed, this is a common issue on these. do you have your book ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes have the book and will take it in for repair. Thanks

thats great ! yeah these machines are not the best to be honest but if you can get it fixed under warranty thats great ! well wishes . the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan