Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Duet front loader washer that has

Hi, I...
I have a Whirlpool Duet front loader washer that has some problem with the door seal. The seal doesn't stay in place when you close the door and can be easily moved when loading clothes in the washer even if just a few times are put in at a time. This, as you know, causes water to leak during the wash cycle. I know that there is a metal wire ring with a spring under the seal. How is the seal/ ring combo suppose to be placed to prevent leaking?
9/1/2012
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The seal should not move at all and if it does, either the front or rear clamp/spring is not secured properly. Have you inspected the rear seal clamp to be certain it is in place and tight?
The clamp spring nearest the door is the one that I can see when the seal comes out of place. How to I get it back to where it is suppose to be?
The seal is placed into the groove of the door and the spring will go around the rubber seal to keep it in place. Remove that spring totally from the boot and make sure the boot is totally in place around that groove. Then, replace the spring. The video below may help seat it correctly. The part pertaining to your repair begins at about 3:40. Let me know how you do.

Repair Video <----- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Hi Kelly,
Thanks for send me the video. I have a load washing right now but the fix seems easy. My roommate told me the spring went inside the seal not on the outside as shown in the video. It makes total sense. THANKS!!!!!!! ,
Great! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician