Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag centennial washer; It stopped with the basin

Customer Question
full of water. There...
I have a maytag centennial washer; It stopped with the basin full of water. There is power, there are no crimps in the hose(s). With the lid closed the machine makes a rapid clicking noise. any ideas?
Best regards,
Rick
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2012
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the clicking coming from the lower part of the machine, like the motor? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

mvwc200xwo

Thank you! Can you tell where the clicking is coming from? The timer area or the motor area below?

I dont know how to tell; it does stop after about 5 seconds

Is the click sound very light and at the top of the machine?

No, it is within the body of the machine; you can feel it thru the housing

Okay, it is probably the motor clicking. Will it spin in any cycle and does it wash well in all cycles? Do you have a meter to test with?

Does not spin in any cycle, yes I have a meter

Does it click in every spin cycle and wash okay in every cycle?

It has stopped clicking on any cycle; when I unplug the red indicator light flashes once

I have placed your question at the top of the list. Another tech should be along shortly.

Still there?

your question is at the top of the list and awaiting a tech familiar with your problem.
John, Home Appliance Technician