Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi. I have had a Maytag Centennial Ecoconserve top load washer

Hi. I have had a Maytag Centennial Ecoconserve top load washer for 14 months. I washed a small load this morning. The clothes looked and felt spun out, the done light was on but the machine still sounds like it is trying to kick into the spin feature. I unpugged the machine for 20 minutes, plugged it back it, it still is doing it. I pushed the start button and it went through it series of clicks, etc. and tried to start but then shut off all the while the motor sounds like it is trying to go into spin mode. Thank you for any advice you might have.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model number so we can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Type 588-10; SER C13032415; Model #MVWC400XW2

Maytag Centennial Ecoconserve Commercial Technology

okay the series of clicks does it sound like it comming from the lid latch assembly in the front or does it sound like its comming from the control panel ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The clicks when I tried starting the machine sounds like the usual lid locking. These are clicks are going on the whole while with the "motor" in the background trying to "kick into spin."

I don't know that it is trying to spin but that is what it sounds like. Also, I was standing next to it folding clothes and didn't notice the sound so possibly it started doing this (would it be possible that if I pushed on the lid, it would do this?). I know I might not be making sense. I am trying to write a complete picture for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for you radvice. Would my husband, who is an HVAC person, and I be able to replace the part ourselves? Thanks again.

sure its up in the control panel where you set the controls, you can take the rear cover of the control panel to gain access. this just plugs in so its pretty simple. He should have no problem. Smile thanks and best wishes, Bryan