Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Samsung RS2544SL and the digital refrigeration number

is XXXXX Can you...
We have a Samsung RS2544SL and the digital refrigeration number is XXXXX Can you tell us what could be the problem?
9/1/2012
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is an error code. What is flashing exactly on the display? 88 89?

No error code is flashing. Just the temperature at 39 degrees is flashing
OK then this is just a faulty display control board. You'd need to order and replace the display control board itself to fix the issue if unplugging the unit for 60 seconds won't reset the unit to start working. But if you haven't tried unplugging the unit, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and that might reset the issue.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Do you think this means that the temperature inside the refrigerator is also affected or do you know? We have unplugged the refrigerator now and will determine if that fixes the problem. Recently many of our vegetables have been freezing. And I moved the temp set point from 38 to 40 thinking that might help. Do you think this is related?

It's very possible that the issues are related, but it's hard to know if the flashing temperature display will affect the temperature or not. My guess would be yes, but control boards fail in so many different ways that it's hard to know.

Also, if you have stuff freezing in the crisper drawers at the bottom, that might be related or it might be something else. You'd want to remove the bottom drawers and remove the back panel inside the refrigerator. If it's packed full of frost and ice, you'd need to thaw it out with a hair dryer.

Refrigerator indicates 61 degrees now so we will contact a repair site locally. Any further thoughts?

I'd still check behind that back panel inside the refrigerator, it may need to be thawed out if frost has built up behind it.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc