Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE clothes washer WHRE5260E1WW fills up correctly but the

Customer Question
agitator does not start....
GE clothes washer WHRE5260E1WW fills up correctly but the agitator does not start. There is no noise. No click. No sound of a belt slipping.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/1/2012
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 5 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

if you set it to spin will it and pump the water out?

no it will not pump water out

you have a bad electronic control (control board) and its part number WH12X10323 which cost about $100 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please leave me a positive rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces for me before you leave for my time and knowledge, if you cant leave a positive rating then please do not leave one at all, a lower rating counts against us ,, thanks
i have to log off so do you have any further questions before i leave

why would you eliminate the magnetic lid switch as a possible problem?

if it was bad it would not fill

the washing machine will fill with the lid up-always has-but will not agitate with the lid up

right ,, sorry i feel like crap tonight and not thinking right ,, i'm going to opt out and send this over to a friend of mine ,, thanks
Appliance Technician: AnthonysTV&Appliance, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
AnthonysTV&Appliance
AnthonysTV&Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
It is most deffinatly the lid switch
they fail all the time just like this
replace the lid switch
WH12X10141
thanks for the bad rating but it does not count since i opted out so someone else could try to help you ,, have a good day now
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry