Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

samsung refrig not cooling

samsung refrig not cooling;;  model...

samsung refrig not cooling;;  model #  rs261mdwp ;

lights burning and no fan or compressor

8/28/2012
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Silly question, but have you tried unplugging this unit for a few minutes. Some electrical problems are solved by a hard electronic reboot like this. If not, unplug this for three to five minutes, then plug it back in and let me know if there is any change.

Thanks.. awaiting your response.

where is the defrost controll ; part # XXXXX the location ?

Have you tried my suggestion first? Give me a minute to look up the part info.

The part number is XXXXX The defrost control is integrated into the main control board. it is located on the back of the refrigerator behind the metal panel on the back. Part 30 on diagram.

Bill,

If the power cycling I suggested doesn't work, and there are no error codes presented at the control on the front, then the main control is most likely bad. That's the part number I provided. Let me know if cycling the power off for a few minutes has changed anything.

Justin

,
,how can you manually put in defrost cycle

can a maunal defrost sequence be

Maybe I'm missing something. You said compressor and fans aren't running. Why are you interested in placing this into a manual defrost???

well i would like to know if i run into this refrig again down down the line

some can be ;and others can be put in manually by clicking the thermostat on & off several times ??? other have different methods ::

Hi Bill,

I do not know that there is a method to put this into a manual defrost. Some refrigerators with electronic controls offer this, some don't. GE for example does not with encoder controls. I don't know if this particular unit does have a sequence to enter. Some of the Samsungs offered a test button on the control board for defrost. Did you order the control board I suggested?

did you get paid ;;?? couldn t find the payment button ;

I didn't send the link yet. I like to ensure your issue is solved first. Is it?

i am satissfied with the answer ;

Very well. Thank you. If you need more help, please come back to this question.
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Justin
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician