Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

the gears on the door closer of the freezer are out of alignment

the gears on the door closer of the freezer are out of alignment by two teeth. how do you realign?
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

if its out of alignment then the screw that holds the top and bottom on is the problem, either the screw came out or one of the closers are broken and you need to replace the set, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Its the white plastic gears attached by a white square rod. We don't see any screws or anything broken. Just that at the end, the one gear is two slots ahead of the other. Which prevents the door from closing tightly on the right side.

i believe we are talking about different things, can you take a pictures and post it on here for me to see
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

left gear

your talking about the basket tracks and not the door hinges ,,, correct
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The track / slider that is attached to the door that rolls in to shut the door.

right, i had the idea you where talking about the closer to shut the doors and not the basket, for this you will have to pull open the basket and set it out, remove the track from the side and align the gears and put back together
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

so how do you remove the track?

as you roll the track in and out to line up the holes you will see two screws if each to remove and set it out
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry I'm not seeing this...screws on the metal sliders or the white that attaches to the actual door?

on the sliders, you hav eto line up the holes to get to the screws
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry to be difficult-there are 2 of us looking with flashlights as we roll it in and out-there are holes that line up but no screws to unscrew within them.

Hi there, pull the drawer out until it stops. Look into the freezer on the side wall where the drawer rails supports are. There should be a little release tab. If you push in on that while pulling out on the corresponding side of the drawer, the whole slider assembly should move forward on that side. Then you repeat on the other side until both slider assemblies are pulled out far enough so you can align the drawer rollers. This is a tough one to describe online, but if you can take a picture of the drawer tracks entirely with the drawer pulled all the way out, I might be able to show you by working in a word document. The work must be done from inside as the drawer is pulled out as far as it will go. In other words, you're pushing in release tabs to pull each drawer slider assembly forward from the track itself.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THANK-YOU!!! We just got it to align on both sides!!!

That helped... good...
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

Thank you for the great rating and bonus. I sure hope you found Just Answer useful. Please come back again!

Justin