How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found you on the web and I also have a Kitchenaid KDS16,

This answer was rated:

I found you on the web
and I also have a Kitchenaid KDS16, but the part I need to replace is the pressure valve(###) ###-#### I have not been able to find it. Can you refurbish the one I have that leaks, or can you suggest someone who can? Yes, the dishwasher is 43 years old, but it is worth fixing if I can get the part. Thank you so much for answering.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, , I found one in stock according to the site .. Hopefully it still available although you won't know u until you order it. ., here is the link, it says they have one in stock. I hope this helps it's the only one I have been able to find anywhere. Unfortunately there is no crossover number for a replacement for this .the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan - unfortunately appliance parts warehouse does not have the pare and none of their warehouses has the part.

can my part be repaired by someone you would suggest?

I look forward to your answer. Thanks

I'm not sure what can be done with yours. How did you determine that yours is bad? how did you test it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the appliance tech replaced the water valve (solenoid) as the plumber had said that was blocking the entry of water into the tub. when the water did start flowing again, the pressure valve (r pressure switch) behind it started leaking. this started the hunt to replace it (with no luck) or to fix it (and I am hoping that you will help me with information there). Thanks

the switch itself is leaking ? does the water stop when its filled ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ii believe that the switch itself is leaking. In any event, when the water started flowing into the water valve, the pressure valve behind it started leaking with water flowing down to the floor until the tech turned off the water supply. The pressure valve is below the tub, behind the solenoid.
I think this would be a whole lot easier for both of us if we could we discuss this on the phone. Is this possible?
unfortunately we are nor allowed to talk on the phone. the strange thing about the switch itself leaking is no actual water enters that switch. just air pressure. did the tech check the hose going to it ? did the machine overfill ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

alas, the water never got to the machine. switch is below the tub and the water (as water will do) flowed downward to the floor.

are we at the end of our joint rope?

is there anything else we could do with further questions and replies?

thank you for trying to help.

try this link. they rebuild appliance controls. they may be able to help.

if the water never got to the machine its not the control. the water doesnt flow through this switch.

Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks Bryan, I will try them. I plan to give you a "good" smiley face (#4)

and also plan to ask for my $58 to be credited back to my account - this because I am no further along the path to fixing my dishwasher than I was before. hope you get a solvable question next! and thanks for trying to help. all best, Wendy

okay Wendy,I just want to say that if the water isn't reaching the tub then its something different than the water level switch, water does not pass through this. you have a leak somewhere in the tub thats running down there but its not the switch itself. i would have a tech take the machine out and check where the water is comming from. most likely the rubber fill hose from the valve to the tub. thats what I would check. thanks, Bryan