Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos Model # XXXXX that is 3 years old.

Here recently it is constantly...
I have a Maytag Bravos Model # XXXXX that is 3 years old. Here recently it is constantly going out of balance with 6 minutes left in the spin. I fix clothes and try again, no luck. I was looking online and read something about replacing the stator and a sensor.
8/20/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, ye the stator and rps sensor will cause that issue in these machines. they have had multiple problems with these that they have fixed on the new stators. heres a link to order the new stator and sensor, it also has a video on how to replace it.
Stator assembly hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

What kind of sensor will I be needing? My hubby just replaced the control panel and wiring harness within the last 6 months. So, I want to make sure we are not duplicating anything.

the sensor comes with the stator its part of the kit. if he hasn't replaced the stator yet then he hasn't replaced the sensor, Smile you should be all set. thanks Bryan

Ok, sorry it took me so long to get back with you. I sent a copy of the picture of the parts to my husband and he said that was part of what he replaced about 6 months ago along with the computer component on the top. Washer wouldn't agitate then. The only thing he didn't replace was the big magnet. So, my question is, do we go ahead and replace the parts again just after 6 months? Or is it something else possibly? And I also ran the washer on a regular cycle with no clothes and it still went unbalanced.

Wow okay, so he already replaced this six months ago, I'm not sure whether it has failed again or not it's really hard to say, do you know where he purchased the parts? Was there a warranty on them? Since you ran this with no clothes and it and it still one out of balance it's hard to say what the issue is. You may have a bad tub Bearing, when you leveled this did you lock the feet with the nuts that are on the feet? There are lock nuts that you have to tighten once you level it, it still doesn't make sense though if this goes out of balance with nothing in it. Have your husband check the tub supports also. See if you can find out where you purchased the last parts you got for this, if it was at the site that I sent you to "repair clinic" they give a full one-year warranty on all parts no questions asked that's why I send people there in case there is an issue down the road. Let me know if you can, thanks, Bryan

The feet are locked and it always checks out level. He bought the part from sears and they had a no return policy I know that, so when it wasn't the right one we had to keep it. About the bearing...where is it and how hard is it to replace and I also read about "snubbers"? Does this model have these?

This machine doesn't have the snubber's in it, it does however have a counterweight, it's number 13 on this diagram. This may have come off, it's on the bottom of the tub, or this could also have a bad hub number eight on the diagram. It's hard to say because these machines are so complicated sometimes find the correct problem is very difficult on these. And it still could go back to the part I mentioned above. These machines are just not very good machines to begin with even though this post be all kinds of water efficient and power efficient they are definitely not a machine that's made to last and that's too bad because these are not cheap machines either. See if your husband can check out the things I showed you hopefully you see something obvious like a loose hub or the counterweight has fallen off. Keep in touch and let me know, thanks, Bryan

Yeah, such a pain it's been. I've been doing some research too. So, when he gets home we will flip it and take a look at what we have. Thanks so much for you help and I will let you know so that if you ever come across this again you can help someone else.

Thank you so much, I hope you find something simple in this doesn't turn into a nightmare for you like it seems it already has. Very best wishes and thanks again, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician