Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my Frigidaire range/oven made a loud pop and kicked off the

breaker in my circuit panel...
my Frigidaire range/oven made a loud pop and kicked off the breaker in my circuit panel. I reset the breaker and now the electronic oven control is dark. the burners still work on top along with the lights indicating that the burners are on
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/18/2012
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get the full model ?

FEFL67DCA Is this what you need

yes give me a minute to pull this up . thanks Bryan
Okay the first thing you should check is the terminal block with the cord connects to the range, to get to this pull the range out and unplug it, remove the back panel and see if one of the leads has burnt off. can you do that ?

yes will do

it looks normal

Okay so no problems with the cord or plug do you still have the back off ? Do you have a voltmeter? Or a multimeter to test voltage with?

no

When this popped where you cooking or baking ? Were you attempting to put it into bake or broil?

we were baking bread along with cooking on the stovetop

Okay what you telling me and because this model does this clock has blown the relay in it, the clock is also the of and control , when this happens the clock goes completely blank which I believe is your case, sometimes when you look at the clock on the backside you can see it where it has burnt but not always,you need to order and replace your clock, you can order this at the following link if you wish. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/316557115/1614008?modelNumber=FEFL67DCA?RCAID=1000065 hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

my clock is all black I just don't know why it burnt up

Well these clocks can sometimes just short out, the other thing that can affect them is a slight power surge or power spike which can burn them up. If you don't see any bad wiring or anything shorted out in the wiring then most likely you have some, power spike or surge, sometimes these clocks just go, it happens all the time, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician