Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore Elite Smartwash Quiet Pak 9 is not starting

I have a Kenmore Elite Smartwash, Quiet Pak 9. Lately I cannot get the washer to start. I push and hold in the start button but it only clicks and clicks, then "dl" shows on the screen. In the past I have unplugged it for a while and that seemed to work. But now it does not. I am a week behind on my laundry! Help!

Can you get us the full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. 1 1 0 4 5 9 9 1 4 0 0

Okay great! The DL is an issue with the door lock assembly.You will need to order and replace the lock assembly to fix the issue. You can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/8182634/1094190?modelNumber=110.45991400?RCAID=1000065

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok cool! I just now ordered the part. Thank you so much.

Okay, the lock assembly is # 7 on this diagram. The easiest way to put this in is remove the top of the machine, there are screws along the back. Take them out and slide the top back and lift off. You can reach down inside and reach the lock assembly. Hope this helps.

Thank you and best wishes.