Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

when starting my dishwasher the lights start flashing then

go out. what is causing...
when starting my dishwasher the lights start flashing then go out. what is causing this to happen?
8/14/2012
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. I will work hard to help you solve your problem, start to finish. As we move forward with your problem, please remember to provide positive feedback after you accept my answer. You will still receive additional assistance at NO EXTRA CHARGE should you require it. Now, let's get started shall we... May I please have your model number and serial number. This is very important so that I may look up your particular unit. Thank you.
model number LFBD2409LM0A
Please stand by as I research your product. There may be a few minute delay while I gather information. Thanks for your patience.
SERIAL NUMBER TH12068926
Thank you for your patience. Please walk me through exactly what is going on. Also, please turn your dishwasher off at the CIRCUIT BREAKER BOX for three full minutes. Ensure it is off by trying to get a response out of it. After three minutes, turn it back on and see if the issue still persists. Just want to try a mini reboot quick. Sometimes its that easy.

no luck

Ok, that's too bad. Walk me through your process then and the results. Try to be precise, as I will be gauging my diagnosis on the info I receive. Let's say you press normal. What happens next?

Also. Is there an LED lit by the heated dry button?
no
Would you be willing to add any information please? What specific LEDs are flashing? All of them? The status LEDs, the options LEDs? If you start to select a cycle by choosing normal, and then start, EXACTLY what happens. Any information you provide will help me determine your problem. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your patience.

I press energy, then dry, then start. the energy led, dry led and washing led all flash for a few seconds then go off

Try this. Press the heated dry button for 5 - 10 seconds. Does this change anything?
I'm leaning towards a bad door switch assembly... but I just want to ensure your control isn't locked out. If you do that heated dry thing for 5 seconds and the padlock LED lights, that means it is now locked. Sometimes LEDs go bad though, so I want to ensure that you aren't locked. If the padlock LED comes on, that means you've locked your control. If it doesn't and you have normal operation, it means it was locked but the LED was burned out. If that isn't your issue, I'm leaning heavily toward a broken door switch assembly.
If you find that the panel was not locked (which it probably wasn't) then I'm going to suggest replacement of the door latch assembly. It contains both microswitches and is easy to replace. You just need to take the screws out around the door liner. Then you have access to it. Ensure your power is OFF before doing the repair. Don't want you to get shocked. The part number is

154556703

Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Justin
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician