Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a caloric pilotless wall oven... model # XXXXX serial

Customer Question

I have a caloric pilotless wall oven... model # XXXXX serial 404189 and everytime the dials get touched the oven wont light
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Have you tried broil? Does the broil option still work?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no it dosen't work
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that dosent work either,no it dosen't work
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that wont work either
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that dosent work either
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
is this a single wall oven or a double wall oven?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
double
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
and does either oven work or heat on any setting?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing only the oven light turns on
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Hi this is Bryan. Appliance Doc opted out. this model number brings up an oven that has a thermostat, (turn knob type) from what I can see is that correct or does it have a clock with a digital read out or both ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
both
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay and neither the thermostat (turn one) or the digital oven works correct? how old is this oven ? I cant bring up the diagrams which means its either old or theres more to the model number.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the serial # XXXXX XXXXX with a model # XXXXX RXP216
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay what you need to do is o[pen up the control panel, (shut the power off to the unit first) and on the roof of the oven behind the control look for a high limit thermostat, I am giving you pictures of different thermostats so you have an idea what your looking for. the problem is I cant bring up all the parts or diagram because of the age of this. you will be looking for something that looks like these. these are safety thermostats and if one goes they ovens will not light. check it for continuity. see if you can get the numbers off of it so I can see if ones available.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Bad service ? can I ask why ? all I can say is good luck and well wishes. I'm opting out maybe someone else will take a chance and try to help you. have a good day.