Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

model pfs22misbbb 1st freezer went down then next day ref

model pfs22misbbb 1st freezer went down then next day ref went down .I did some research & replaced main board (small fried spot) used wr55x10942 this did not help
also replaced defrost senser #wr50x10068 also did not help. I can hear a snap noise
from compresser. Please help
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay the snap noise you hear, is it happening on regular intervals about every 2-3 minutes? Is the fan inside the freezer working?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes 2 to 3 min intervals ,freezer fan is on
Okay, and the fan next to the compressor is running also correct? I am sorry I should have asked that already.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes that fan is on
Okay, that clicking is your compressor trying to start but the relay for it has gone bad to the overload take over and shuts off the power to the compressor so the compressor doesn't get damaged. You need to replace the compressor start relay to correct the issue. Very easy to replace as it just pushes on to the relay. I am sending you a link to a diagram and parts list and the relay (with a new overload built in to it) is #811 on the diagram and you can get it at any appliance part store. I am also sending you a picture of the assembly. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-PFS22MISBBB/0432/0161000/G7090615/00002?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=PFS22MISBBB

Start Device WR07X10097 Main Product View
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you very much

don

You are so welcome and again I thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hi randy

i last talked to you about this problem on 8/6, after i received my

new part i left for vacation and just now installed it but this did not

repair my refridgerater. can you help me ?

thanks don

Hello Don,

Do you have an ohm meter?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry about the responce time . yes i have a meter

Take a picture of the wiring going to the compressor. Remove the parts the wires go to on the side of the compressor. They pull straight off the pins in the picture below, you can leave the wires attached. Once you have those off this is what to do.

There are 3 pins, name a pin number 1 and set your meter to Rx1 ohms. Rotate through all 3 pins just like below. One probe from the meter to (pin1 and the other to pin3) For example and do all 3 sets just below
1 to 3
1 to 2
2 to 3
Write each one down and let me know what the meter says. At each test, its not important which pin you name pin 1, you do that so you can keep track of the measurements and seperate them.

The next test is each pin to a good frame ground with the same ohm Rx1 setting. One probe to each pin one at at time and the other probe from the meter to a clean frame unpainted piece of metal. What are the readings?

Let me know what you find.

Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you it will be 24 hrs until i can respond

I understand, thank you for the opportunity, my hours are 8 to 8 eastern time. I usually start earlier and work later but thats when to catch me. You have a safe day.

Barry