Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Lights in GE Monogram refrigerator won't work. How can I fix it?

I have a GE monogram...
I have a GE monogram refrigerator and the lights in the refrigerator do not work however they work in the Freezer section. I have replaced the mother board and the door switch but they still do not work. Help . Mark
8/4/2012
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

may i have the model number of the fridge please
GE Monogram refrigerator Model ZISS420N
remove the bulb and put a little Vaseline on the threads and screw it back in and when it feels tight try to twist a little more, the sockets is tight before the bulbs are all the way in and if this does not help then replace the socket assembly, part number WR02X1156 which cost about $113 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you
This model has 7 bulbs and none of them screw in. They have push in pins and are halogen bulbs.
this does not show in my diagram so i will opt out so maybe some of the others may have more sources ,, thanks
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is this the board you replaced ?

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Larry has opted out and I need to know a few things to help you. first I gather you replaced the control board I showed you above is that correct. ? also there are two light switches did you replace both of them ?
Yes that is the board I replaced
Okay, now there are two light switches in this # XXXXX and 546 on this diagram. which did you replace ?
I replaced 546 as it is the one that controls the refrigerator. The lights in the freezer work fine. Additionally, I didn't think it was the switch because the temperature indicator that comes on when the door is opened still works. I just replaced the switch just to confirm my thoughts.
Okay, there are several things, first there is a fuse in this, they diagram says its part # XXXXX but on this one I cant find it on the diagrams. have you seen that ? look in the top where the compressor is.
I cannot fine the fuse anywhere
yeah unfortunately the diagrams don't show where it is. I'll opt out maybe someone else can help. sorry. thanks Bryan
Kelly, Appliance Technician
The fuse is number 543 in the picture, mounted on the bottom under the cabinet, behind the kick plate.

Diagram for ZISS420NMA
don't know how I didn't see that thanks Kelly. try checking the fuse at the bottom of the cabinet like Kelly said, see if one is blown. let me know. thanks Bryan
did you get my last reply ?
Sorry I was gone. Will check now
I believe I found the fuse but I have no way of knowing if it is blown. Now what?
okay you don't have a volt meter to check it with ?
Its a miracle. There are two fuses, one was covered by tape. When I uncovered it, I could see that it had been tripped. I reset it and the lights are working. So I purchased a new mother board, a door switch and it was a tripped fuse. Now I will have to see what made it trip but for now all is good. Hopefully the replacement of the mother board fixed whatever was ailing it. Thank you

Thats great ! fantastic . sorry you spent money on the board and switch. glad I could help.the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician