Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a May tag Neptune dryer. I have an oily soot that is

again getting my clothes dirty...
I have a May tag Neptune dryer. I have an oily soot that is again getting my clothes dirty. I was told that the exhaust was bent and that was the problem. I replaced the hose with a hard metal one so that it would not crush and the cleaned the inside of the dryer very carefully. Now, two months later it is happening again.
8/2/2012
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

is the dryer run on Natural gas or L/P ?

Gas
Oops, natural gas
ok and if you look at the flame while it is running is it blue or orange colored flame
How do I see the flame, this is the stand up style that you can hang clothes up in the top compartment. About 6 feet tall.

May I have the units model number to better assist you .
If you open the door it will be on the units face frame .

are you getting the soot in the dryer ( bottom ) or the drying cabinet ( top )?

Model number mcg8000aww and the soot comes from the bottom, that is used a lot more. I have seen it in the top a little bit.

this model you are not able to see the flame with out taking the unit apart .

the only components that will cause the sooting is the burner assembly and possibly a dirty orifice .

to get to these component the lower dryer will need to be disassembled , are you able to do this ?

Where do I start? Darn thing seems to be one big block.

you have to remove the console first it has four screws from behind in the drying cabinet .

Then after the console is moved away you have 5 screws holding the front panel in place and then the front panel lift off the cabinet .

Done. Now what?
By the way the flame is yellow and stinks!
ok now look at the burner on the end of the burner is the orifice take and use a wire brush to clean the end of it , and then put it all back to geather and run the dryer to see if the sooting is gone .
The flame is blue on the bottom, but mostly yellow. I think that all of the lint from the machine was collecting and finally being burned by the flame causing the soot. Does this assessment sound good to you? This seems like a design flaw...

on the burner you can adjust the airflow to the burner it will take care of the yellow flame ,and it is all brands in a dryer that the lint collects .

I recommend to all my customers to clean the dryer out at least once a year .

Theres like 30,000 dryer fires a year because of lint build up inside them

How do I adjust that airflow?
loosen the screw and turn the air shutter till the flame is all blue with just a little yellow tipping
Thanks a lot, one last question. Where is the smiley face? I am using an I-pad and do not see it.
Cool I am trying to pay you but I can't this emoticon is the only smiley face I can find... It was not even on my i-pad. I am on a PC now, feeling kinda stupid here...

humm if you state the rating you would give me from 3 to 5 five being the highest and that you can`t find the rate me and I will then send it to admin.

Thank you .

Are you kidding? Dude, you a total 5 in my book! You listened to the question had a reasoned answer, that was right! I was ready to get a new dryer rather than spend another $150 on it. I really thought this site was kind of a scam, but you showed me, thanks.
Thank you very much ,glad to assist you
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech