Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

In the normal position and electrical plugged in the AC green

Customer Question
light does not come on...
In the normal position and electrical plugged in the AC green light does not come on the face of my unit when the switch is turned all the way to the left on AC. The green LP light remains on.

I do not have an operators manual.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2012
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

You probably just have a fuse out on the main control board.

The control board is located under a black plastic cover at the back of the unit to the left hand side. It is held on by a couple of hex head 1/4" screws. Remove the screws and there are two fuses under the cover. Make sure they are good and replace them as needed.

If the fuses are ok please let me know and we can go from there.

Thank you for trusting me with your problems.

Please select a POSITIVE RATING (Ok Service or better) and a bonus is appreciated. This is how your professional receives credit for their time.
If for any reason the rating box is not visible, or you are unable to enter a rating, please let your professional know.
This is ment to be a running dialogue, and for this reason it is very IMPORTANT that you reply using the REPLY TO EXPERT tab if more information
is needed at any time BEFORE rating.
Please remember to ONLY rate an answer when you are 100% satisfied.
If you feel the need to rate Poor or Bad Service, please STOP and reply to your professional via the REPLY TO EXERT tab with
the issue you have. They will be happy to continue further and do everything they can to provide you with the service you seek.

The unit isn't on site at the moment so I won't be able to look for the fuse panel until tomorrow. This is on a travel trailer so is the fuse panel located outside the trailer behind the access panel?

Yes, it is at the back of the unit. There should be an access door to get to it.

Let me know what you come up with. I'll be here tomorrow after 12:00 PST.

Unable to locate a black fuse box inside the access panel on the side of the trailer. Its just not there.
Relist: Other.
Been waiting all afternoon
I still need help with this refrigerator
Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am another appliance expert here and can help you until smitty gets back on line.

I believe the panel smitty is referring to is on the back of the machine itself. And not the trailer.

There is a fuse on these machines that will blow first if the machine has shorted out. Check that first.

Again it is located in the back of the outside of the ref. on the back of the machine.

Check it out and get back to me or smitty.

So this would require me to remove the unit from the cabinet it is installed in. Do not believe there is an easy access to the back of the machine
Yes. That is correct. The access panel to the fuse is on the back of the machine.

If you don't have access to the back of the machine then unfortunately you will have to uninstall it to get to the back. Once back there you will see the access panel to remove screws to to find the fuse.

Just remove it with power off to the machine and unplugged and test it. If the fuse is bad you will need to replace it. Otherwise, if it is good we will need to test the control board and switch.

But hey Get back to me or smitty here if you come to that. And we will help you more.

Should you find the switch bad and needs to be replaced you can order it at www.thetford.com or at your local appliance parts store. Or even find a similar fuse at a hardware store. Just bring the one in the machine with you and match it to one in the store.
Is there anyplace I can find a set of instructions for removing this machine, I mean now you are telling me I have to disconnect all the propane connections plus figure out how to remove it from the cabinet. I'm reluctant to just start tearing into all this...
I know it is a pain in the neck to remove. Especially of ou have to disconnect everything. Of you don't have an access to the back of the machine then I am sorry but you will have to remove the machine to get behind it. If you don't want to do this that is fine.

I appologise for not replying. I was ill yesterday and still not up to snuff.

Please provide the model number of your unit and I will get you a complete service manual to work from.

I find it strage that you are unable to access the control board though. The board is in direct alignment with the burner manifold. The manifold requires ventillation so there has to at least be vents there.

Here is a picrture of what the box looks like.